What is the Homebound Outreach Program?
The Homebound Outreach Program (HOP) provides FREE library delivery services to individuals who are Smithton Public Library District residents and are unable to physically come to the Smithton Public Library.
You must have a current Smithton Public Library District card and be 18 years old to participate in this program.
How Do I Apply?
To apply for the Homebound Outreach Program:
1) visit the library for a paper copy of the Homebound Outreach Program Application or print it at home (link below) and return it to the library desk. Make sure you read over the Patron Requirements list (also linked below) before signing the Homebound Outreach Program Application.
2) Expect a phone call or in-person interview from Cinda Leech to discuss the best way the Smithton Public Library District can serve you!
If you or someone you know is interested in receiving homebound services, you can:
- email the Homebound Program Coordinator Cinda Leech at email@example.com with any questions
- call 618-233-8057 with any questions
- fill out and return your printed application form, linked below.
Questions and Answers
Will someone call from the Library to discuss items that I may be interested in?
The Homebound Program Coordinator will contact the applicant to explain how to request items, as well as help with suggestions based off of your application. Smithton Public Library District staff has different days/time slots available for delivery.
Where can I read more about this?
Check out our Homebound Delivery Program Policy here.
Check out our Patron Requirements information sheet here.
Check out our Homebound Delivery Application here.
Check out our Homebound Delivery Brochure here.
This program was made possible through a grant from the American Library Association called “Libraries Transforming Communities” Please click here for a press release.