The Smithton Public Library District will reopen the library building on Monday, August 24, 2020 with the following guidelines:
- Masks must be worn by patrons ages 2+, and we ask that patrons practice social distancing while in the library building.
- Curbside service is available for patrons who do not have a mask
- We will resume normal business hours (Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 8 pm; Friday 9 am to 6 pm and Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm)
- Occupancy is limited to 7 patrons inside the building at one time (25% capacity).
- Patrons are allowed to browse the stacks.
- Patrons are not allowed to sit at the back tables due to the occupancy limit at this time.
- Our WiFi may be used outside the building. No password is necessary, users must accept the terms/conditions.
- Two (2) patron computers are available for patrons to use. A reservation is strongly encouraged, by calling the library at 618-233-8057. If you do not have a Smithton Public Library District card, you can obtain a guest pass from us. Computer use is limited to 30 minutes, but can be extended on a case-by-case basis.
- FAX, Copying, and printing services are once again available.
- Notary services are available, by appointment only.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the library at 618-233-8057.