Smithton Public Library District
The Illinois Freedom of Information Act
5 ILCS 140
Whereas the Smithton Public Library District (hereafter referred to as SPLD) is a public body and subject to the Illinois Act 140, namely the Freedom of Information Act, the SPLD is required to provide the following information for inspection, review, and copying, pursuant to 5 ILCS 140 §4.
5 ILCS 140 §4 (a)
- The purpose of the SPLD is to provide materials and services for the recreational, social, informational, and educational needs of the community.
- An organizational chart is attached.
- The total amount of operating budget for Fiscal Year 2017 is $196,700.
- The SPLD maintains one (1) office, the location of which is: 109 S. Main Street, Smithton, IL 62285.
- The SPLD employs one (1) full-time employee and approximately ten (10) part-time employees.
- The SPLD is governed by an elected Board of Trustees, numbering not more or less than seven (7) members. Board members are: Ron Mense (President), Donna Reifschneider (Vice President), Steven Jines (Secretary), Ann Hart (Treasurer), Jackie Billings, Brett Clasquin, and 1 currently vacant seat.
5 ILCS 140 §4 (b)
Any person may request the information and the records available to the public in the following manner.
- Use request form. (FOIA request form)
- Your request should be directed to the FOIA Officer, Library Director Jenna Dauer or Board Vice President Donna Reifschneider.
- To reimburse the SPLD for actual costs for reproducing the records.
- Records which exist in electronic format will be supplied in electronic format specified by requester, if feasible. The cost of recording medium to store the electronic records for the requester will be charged to the requester.
- There is no fee for the initial 50 pages of black and white copies requested. Additional pages shall be 15 cents per page.
- The office will respond to a written request within five (5) business days or sooner if possible. An extension of an additional five (5) business days may be necessary to properly respond.
- Records may be inspected or copied. If inspected, an employee must be present throughout the inspection.
- You may appeal the decision of the FOIA officer to the Library Board of Trustees.
- The place and times where the records will be available are as follows:
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday thru Friday
Smithton Public District Library, Administrative Offices