WHAT DO THE FRIENDS DO?
Friends, first and foremost, advocate for and support the library. This may take the form of organizing book sales and other fundraisers, leading a class or special event, leading a direct donation campaign for a specific library need, or even promoting political issues important to the library’s well-being on the local, state, and national level. The most important thing a Friend of the Library does is tell their story. Friends naturally want to share the library with others, communicating why the library is important to them and why it should be important to others.
When you become a member of Friends of Smithton Public Library District you will:
1. Enjoy a library that is better because of our volunteering and fundraising efforts.
2. Improve the community culture as a result of a great library.
3. Enjoy the pride that comes from knowing that you are helping to spread the joy of reading and love of culture.
4. Opportunity to meet new people
5. A tax deduction to the extent allowed by law.
Visit the library to pick up a brochure about our Friends of the Library! (Or download a brochure by clicking here!)
This brochure contains information about what the Friends group does and how you can join.